Curious to see what 2015 Labor Day mattress sale events have in store? We scoured the latest ads, investigated on the internet and looked at past holiday sales to bring a preview of what you can expect for the upcoming sales. Here is a quick look at our top selections this year.
|Store||Sale Type||Bed||Price (Queen)||Specs||Warranty|
|Amerisleep||Memory Foam||Revere Bed||$1,249||Med-firm|
3" memory foam
9" foam support
|Astrabeds||Adjustable Bed Frame||ErgoStar Evolution||$1000 (with mattress purchase)||60° head angle|
45° foot angle
550 lbs. capacity
1 full / 3 parts
|Sleepy's||Innerspring||Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Plush Mattress||Queen $575.99|
Foam and latex
Pocketed coils (800 queen, 1046 king)
|10 years non-prorated|
Labor Day sales are a big deal in the mattress and furniture industries, and you can often find offers that rival Black Friday during this time of year. Retailers are looking to clear out summer inventory and also drive the last big push of the summer and fall seasons, and they know that many shoppers have the weekend off to shop around.
Because of this, you can find incredible deals, making it one of the best times to buy a new mattress (without dealing the Black Friday hassles!). In fact, many stores offer some of their best values of the year for this holiday weekend. Don’t worry, you won’t have to work too hard this Labor Day, we’ve done much of the sorting for you. See what you can expect to see in Labor Day mattress sale events this year so you can get started researching and comparing.
Labor Day Mattress Sale Previews
Below are the highlights of this year’s Labor Deals on mattress and adjustable beds that have been released so far. We’ve grouped them by memory foam and innerspring models, sorted from lowest to highest price. All prices are based on queen size unless otherwise noted, and deals can be subject change.
Memory Foam Deals
Memory foam mattresses are a popular item in 2015 Labor Day mattress sales, and several stores have specials on name brand and discount beds. Below is a quick preview of the mattress deals released so far for memory foam beds.
Remember, when comparing this mattress type, key things to look for include memory foam layer thickness, density of the memory foam and core, return policies, and warranty coverage.
- $159 – Spa Sensations 6” Memory Foam Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $287 – Macybed Memory Foam Queen Mattress, Tight Top Plush or Firm, Online Only at Macy’s
- $749 – Amerisleep Americana Bed Twin Mattress at Amerisleep (all mattresses discounted)
- $899.99 – Sealy Posturepedic C Port Cartier Luxury Plush Queen Mattress at Sleepy’s
- $1072.00 – iComfort by Serta Insight Everfeel Memory Foam Firm Queen Mattress Set at Mattress Firm
- $1274.99 – iComfort Aura EFX Queen Mattress Set at Sleepy’s
- $1299 – Amerisleep Revere Bed Queen Mattress at Amerisleep
- $1774.99 – iComfort Visionary Plush EFX Queen Mattress Set at Sleepy’s
Innerspring mattress deals abound, and there are many discount and mid-range offers to choose from. Here’s a preview of spring and spring hybrid mattress offers.
Key things to compare when looking for an innerspring mattress include coil type and count, quality of foams and padding, return policies, and depth of impression covered by warranties.
- $229 – Slumber 1 – 10” Dream Pillow Top Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $299.99 – Spring Air Firm Queen Mattress Set at 1800Mattress
- $379.99 – Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Shakespeare Firm Queen Mattress at Sleepy’s
- $399.99 – Classic Sleep Avanti 8 inch Firm Memory Foam Mattress Queen Set at 1800Mattress
- $497 – Sealy Posturepedic Clearbrook Cushion Firm Eurotop Queen Mattress Set at Macy’s
- $497.00 – Sealy Posturepedic Clearbrook Cushion Firm Eurotop Queen Mattress Set at Mattress Firm
- $699.99 – Classic Sleep Avanti 8 inch Firm Memory Foam Mattress King Set at 1800Mattress
- $799.99 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Dunlake Luxury Firm Queen Mattress Set at Sleepy’s
- $854.99 – Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Plush King Mattress at 1800Mattress
- $897 – Beautyrest Recharge Alayna Luxury Firm Pillowtop Queen Mattress Set at Macy’s
Adjustable Bed Deals
Adjustable beds have been increasingly popular in recent years, and this year several stores are promoting adjustable bed sales, usually in the form of discounts with mattress set purchase.
- $1000 – Astrabeds ErgoStar Evolution Adjustable Bed Frame at Astrabeds (with purchase of mattress)
- $1499 – Amerisleep Ergo Invincible Adjustable Bed Frame at Amerisleep (with purchase of mattress)
- $1500 – Serta Motion Perfect II Adjustabe Bed Frame at Serta (with purchase of mattress)
- $1849 – Tempurpedic TEMPUR-Ergo Premier Adjustable Bed Fram at Tempurpedic
Labor Day Mattress Sale Preview for 2015
This year’s Labor Day mattress sale promotions will take place in the week surrounding the holiday, September 7. Many stores will begin offering specials the week before, and almost all will have sales over the weekend and through Labor Day, perhaps a few days after the holiday as well.
Though most stores will not release their promotions until the week of the sale, we’ve began collecting Labor Day weekend mattress sale previews that have been published and there are many trends that will likely remain consistent from other recent holiday sales that can give you an idea of what to expect.
Trends You’ll See This Labor Day
Here’s a peek at the kinds of sales and trends you’ll most likely see during Labor Day weekend deals so you know what to look for. Always read the fine print of sales, and make sure comfort, warranties and return policies aren’t compromised for savings.
- Freebies -Many of the “luxury” brands like Serta iComfort, Simmons Comforpedic and Beautyrest Worldclass will allow retailers to offer free box springs with mattress purchase rather than discounting retail prices, as with many previous years’ sales. Some retailers like 1800Mattress or Sears may also have deals on free pillows with select beds, and some may also be offering store credit with select models.
- Package Discounts – With innerspring beds, there are several stores offering discounts on price and/or delivery of full mattress sets (mattress+boxspring). Adjustable bed and mattress set discounts are usually featured by Tempurpedic, Amerisleep and Serta, and will likely be offered by several stores.
- Instant Discounts – Instant discounts are always popular, and remain a consumer favorite. You may see percent or coupon discounts on select beds but always compare prices with others as some retailers tend to exaggerate discounts during sales (by inflating original prices).
- Rebates – One growing trend in the past couple of years has been the decision of major mattress and department stores to offer mail-in rebates during mattress sales rather than instant discounts. They might be mail-in offers for accessories like pillows, bedding or TVs, or mail-in gift cards or rebate offers, and are usually found with mid to high price beds. Some like Mattress Firm may also offer store credit rebates for accessories or delivery costs.
- Promotional Beds – Another frequently seen promotion during Labor Day mattress sale events and other holidays are limited-time or limited-quantity promotional mattresses (often under $500), which differ from brands’ standard quality and are sold significantly cheaper. These may not always be a great deal in terms of longevity however, and are often difficult to research and compare before buying. Typically, they have very short warranties and little to no reviews.
How to Get the Most from the 2015 Labor Day Mattress Sales
While this is one of the best and easiest times to find a great deal on a new mattress, you will increase your chances for success if you come into these sales prepared. To help you come home with the best mattress for your budget and preferences, we’ve listed a few pointers to keep with you while you shop.
- Knowledge is power. Don’t buy a mattress without doing some research first. Look into the composition of the mattress and find out what you are sleeping on. Read online reviews of the mattresses you are interested in and ask questions of the sales staff. Don’t commit until you are comfortable.
- The earlier you start, the better. We’ll be posting information here after it is published from the retailers. Start looking into mattress types, prices and specifications at least a week before Labor Day. There are many things to consider when making a mattress purchase, so be prepared. You can start your search before the sales to get an idea of what you like.
- Shop online to avoid sales pressure. We do our best thinking when we have time to consider all the ins and outs. Salespeople thrive on high-pressure situations that make customers feel a sense of urgency. As with many things, you can easily shop online for a wide array of mattresses from reputable companies. If nothing else, use the internet for a research resource.
- Know what you’re getting into. Read the fine print, especially regarding warranty and return policies. A warranty should last at least seven years, which is about the average lifespan of a mattress. You should have at least 30 nights to try your mattress, also.
- Stick to the plan. Figure out what you want and what you can pay, then stick to your guns. Know what you can live with and without and don’t sacrifice your needs to save a few bucks. On the other hand, don’t get pressured into buying expensive features or products you don’t want or need.
Don’t forget to bookmark and save this link, as we will continue adding more sales and offers as they become available! If you have any specific bed types or topics you want to see compared in this 2015 Labor Day mattress sale preview, drop us a note in the comments