Independence Day is here again and with it an explosion of 4th of July mattress sales from retailers like Macy’s, Sears, Walmart and more! Patriots, remember to celebrate smart and if you’re looking to buy a mattress during the sales, do some research first.
The Fourth of July is a time for friends, family and fireworks. Over the years, mattress retailers have added huge sales to that list. Independence Day is one of the best times to purchase a latex, memory foam and innerspring mattresses.
We’ll save you time so you can get back to the sparklers and backyard barbecue. This page will begin to fill with the hottest deals from all kinds of mattress retailers about a week before the holiday. Buying a mattress is a big deal, and we’ll help you find what you are looking for.
4th of July Mattress Sale Preview for 2015
You can expect to start seeing the sales near the beginning of July and they will continue for a week or so. Some retailers may have extended sales through the entire month of July.
We’ll be scouring ads, websites, newsletters and any other place 4th of July mattress sales will be listed and compiling the information here. You can compare and contrast dozens of bedroom deals in one convenient location.
Trends You’ll See This 4th of July
Retailers pull all the stops when it comes to Independence Day sales. You can expect to find all kinds of different promotions. These deals will come in many different forms, but you can expect to find these:
- Packaged Deals – We’re not just talking about mattresses. Retailers will be grouping adjustable bed frames, pillows, mattresses, box springs and bed frames together in larger deals for big-time savings.
- Giveaways – Who doesn’t like freebies? Mattress retailers offer a variety of free items with purchases and sometimes just for walking in the door or participating in a contest.
- Instant Discounts – These are one of the most common types of promotions you’ll find this Independence Day. Instant discounts are dollar amounts taken off the original price at the time of purchase, not to be confused with rebates.
- Rebates – Typically, a proof-of-purchase receipt is sent to the retailer or manufacturer for offers like cash back or free items. Gift cards, pillows, sheets and a number of other items are often offered.
- Promotional Beds – Showroom mattresses and those used for advertisement are often purveyed to customers at significant discounts. As these beds have been used, longevity may be an issue.
2015 Independence Day Mattress Sale Previews
Here are the highlights from this year’s 4th of July mattress sales. To sort them out, we’ve separated deals from Serta, Tempurpedic, Sleepy’s and more into four categories. All the prices are based on the queen size version of each model. Take a look at what is out there this season!
Throughout our guide you’ll see our Top Picks in red. These are our picks for the best deals based on our data. We considered price, durability, consumer reviews and some other factors in our consideration. You won’t be disappointed with these beds.
Memory Foam Mattress Deals
Still very popular are memory foam mattresses. You can find deals on all kinds of different mattresses across a broad range of prices. From plant-based memory foam to gel-infused memory foam, nearly every kind of foam mattress will be represented in these sales.
Some of the features you should pay extra attention to are the densities of the foams, return policies, memory foam layers and thickness and warranty coverage. Here are some of the best July 4th memory foam mattress deals of 2015:
- $129.99 – Ortho-Posture 5-Inch Foam Queen Mattress at Sleepy’s
- $199 – Macybed Memory Foam Tight Top Plush Queen Mattress at Macy’s
- $219 – Spa Sensations 8″ Memory Foam Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $229 – Lane Contoura III 12” Memory Foam Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $299 – Macybed Memory Foam Tight Top Firm Queen Mattress at Macy’s
- $399 – Macybed Memory Foam Tight Top Luxury Firm Queen Mattress at Macy’s
- $399 – Macybed Memory Foam Tight Top Luxury Plush Queen Mattress at Macy’s
- $469.99 – Slumber Solutions Gel Memory Foam 12” Queen Mattress at Overstock.com
- $499.99 – Serta Westdeen 8” Memory Foam Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $565.99 – Grande Hotel Posture Support Memory Foam 14” Queen Mattress at Overstock.com
- $699 and up – Amerisleep Plant-Based Memory Foam Mattresses at Amerisleep.com (after $200 instant savings)
- $899.99 – Serta Kales 10” Memory Foam Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $2197 – Serta iComfort Brilliant EFX Plush Memory Foam Queen Set at Macy’s
Latex Mattress Deals
Though not yet as popular as memory foam or innerspring mattresses, latex mattresses have a lot going for them. This Fourth of July is a perfect time to buy one of these luxurious beds.
When looking for a latex mattress be mindful of each mattress’s composition, firmness, warranty and return policy. Latex can be natural, synthetic or a combination of the two. Check out the latex beds on sale this Independence Day:
- $462.32 – Modern Sleep Pristine 8” Latex Hybrid Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $503.99 – Select Luxury E.C.O. 10” Latex Hybrid Queen Mattress at Overstock.com
- $1599 and up – Astrabeds Organic Latex Mattresses at Astrabeds.com (after $200 instant savings)
- $2294.99 – Nature’s Rest Virtue Luxury Plush Latex Euro Top Queen Set at Overstock.com
Innerspring Mattress Deals
The old standard, innerspring mattress will likely be represented in proportions equal to their total market presence, which is ample. These are the most commonly sold mattresses, so innerspring deals will abound.
Here are some of the favorites of the Independence Day mattress sales:
- $179 – Serta Coralee Queen Mattress at Sears
- $189 – Slumber 1 8” Queen Mattress-In-a-Box at Walmart
- $199.99 – Hampton and Rhodes Pillow Top Queen Set Doorbuster at Mattress Firm
- $297 – Beautyrest Hanna Firm Queen Set at Macy’s
- $299.99 – Ortho-Posture Firm Euro Top Queen Set at Sleepy’s
- $389 – Sealy Talworth Queen Set at Sears
- $399.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Ashlin Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $490.49 – Simmons BeautySleep Kenosha Plush Queen Set at Overstock.com
- $499.99 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Euro Top Queen Set at Overstock.com
- $499.99 – Sealy Watertrace Plush Queen Set at Sleepy’s
- $599.99 – Serta Taryn Queen Set at Sears
- $697 – Beautyrest Recharge Allie Firm Tight Top Queen Set at Macy’s
- $749.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Caversham Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $796.49 – Beautyrest Recharge Melrose Firm or Plush Queen Set at Sears
- $849.99 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Hartfield Luxury Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $895.49 – Sealy Posturepedic Plus Leola Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Set at Sears
- $999.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Deveraux Plush Pillowtop Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $1099.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Plus Deveraux Cushion Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $1199.99 – Laura Ashley Linley Luxury Euro Pillowtop Queen Set at Sleepy’s
- $1297 – Serta iSeries Island Retreat Plush Tight Top Queen Set at Macy’s
- $1399.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Encourage Plush Queen Set at Sleepy’s
- $1599.99 – Beautyrest Recharge World Class Bridgewater Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $2299 – Aireloom Hotel Collection Vitagenic Streamline Cushion Firm HL Queen Set at Macy’s
Adjustable Bed Deals
Once almost solely relegated to hospitals, adjustable beds are highly desired items in the modern home. If you’re considering purchasing one for your bedroom, July 4th sales would be a strategic use of your funds.
Here is the lineup for adjustable beds during the 2015 Independence Day sales:
- $797 – Serta Pivot Queen Motion Foundation at Macy’s (mattress separate)
- $1299 – Simmons Renew Adjustable Base in Queen at Sleepy’s (after $700 discount, mattress separate)
- $1497 – Beautyrest Renew Plus Queen Base at Macy’s (mattress separate)
- $2198 and up – Amerisleep Memory Foam and Ergo Invincible Adjustable Bed Sets at Amerisleep.com (after $700 instant savings / $500 on base, $200 on mattress)
- $1697 – iComfort Motion Perfect 2 Base at Macy’s (mattress separate)
- $1897 – Aireloom Hotel Collection Queen Base at Macy’s (mattress separate)
- $1897 – Leggett and Platt S-Cape Queen Base at Macy’s
- $2574 and up – Serta iSeries/iComfort and Adjustable Bed Sets at Serta.com and retailers (after up to $1000 instant savings, varies by mattress and base selection)
The deals will be listed here as they come available, so bookmark this page! Our reviews and comparisons make it simple and easy to navigate through this year’s 4th of July mattress sales, helping you save on better sleep.